Our Christmas & New Year's holidays were rather quiet. We were pretty much exhausted after getting through the Nutcracker rehearsals and everything related to getting ready for Christmas. We didn't have any visitors just hung out with the fam and played some games and ate lots of appetizers.
Around New Years, I shot my first engagement session. It was really fun and I thought the pictures turned out pretty nice. If you haven't checked out my photography blog it's at www.lindamurriphotography.blogspot.com
Kristina is practicing now for her first high school musical, Anything Goes. They have a dancer from the Rockettes teaching them their tap numbers and she's having fun getting to know a new group of kids at school better. She especially liked seeing their surprise when they saw her come out of nowhere and be such a great tapper (never having been in one of their musicals before).
During the fall, I found out the BYU folkdancers were coming to Colorado on tour and discovered that if I didn't step up and take on organizing the event, they were going to skip Denver. They were filling up the calendar when I called with cities that wanted to have them. I called at least 20 places to secure a venue with a lot of seats and reasonable price, had to talk the Alumni association into doing it (because stakes usually do it here and they were reluctant to take it on), and now am organizing host families for 36 dancers, band and crew members. Can't wait for the performance and having the dancers over at our house!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Linda!! Valentine's Day is a great day for a birthday. Megan's bday is the day after and we have been celebrating all weekend long as we sit on the couch, watch the snow fall, puke, and watch movies. FUN! :) Hope your day was more fun.
Thanks for thinking of me on my birthday. We're having a round of the stomach flu now, too.
Post a Comment