Saturday, March 6, 2010

BYU International Folkdance Ensemble






This week the BYU International Folkdance Ensemble came to perform in Denver. It is the biggest event that I have ever organized. From finding a venue, to marketing, tickets and finding host families for all of the dancers, band, and crew, there was a lot involved.

I also planned for them to do a short performance in return for lunch at Katherine's elementary school. It was interesting because the principal thought they might try to preach or something and was initially very reluctant to have them perform. She really did enjoy the show though.

One of the interesting things that happened was that the team performed the night before at Longmont and the floors were so dirty, they got the men's white costumes for one of the dances all dirty and they had to wash the white costumes for the show that night. I wasn't expecing to have the director at my house using my washing machine! All of the dirt came out and I got to know him a little better, too.

I was nervous I wouldn't be able to get enough tickets sold to cover our costs, but we had a full house and the show was amazing! One of the best things was seeing all of the audience with such happy faces during & after the show. "Priceless" as Bryan said after the show.

We had 4 dancers at our house and it was so fun. Katie (one of Kristina's former folkdance counsellors, Brian, Teesha & Lindsay. We didn't want the show or their short visit to end!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...